Ah, yellow, colour of sunshine and bright, sunny flowers!
What can I add to that? Surely it must be a cheery, lifting kind of colour?
For me, when the sun is shining and the world is bathed in brightness and light, I think of it as yellow and warm and glowing! When the first yellow daffodils peep out in the early days of spring, it's as if the sun has risen again and the world suddenly looks a whole lot brighter!
(This is becoming a bit of a recurring theme here, isn't it? Truly, I am grateful for all the seasons in the year - they all have their beauty and purpose. I just can't help feeling a little more alive when the sun returns and banishes the greyness!)
Once again, I trawled around the world, this time looking for some interesting bits about yellow.
Here's some trivia about why Post-it notes were originally yellow.
The meanings of yellow in other cultures is a good read.
A long page about the history of the 'yellow ribbon' - interesting.
And just in case you don't want to spend the time reading those web pages, I've added this little song for you to enjoy..... I've been wanting to try adding a You Tube video here for a while and I'm going to see if I can manage it!
I remember this one from when I was in primary school - I had two older brothers doing their teenage thing and rocking along to the radio in the early 70's.
So, if you have some pics that you would like to show or want to reminisce in your photo 'album' join in the fun and leave a link in Mr Linky so we can all have a peek at your colourful world!
Once again, I trawled around the world, this time looking for some interesting bits about yellow.
Here's some trivia about why Post-it notes were originally yellow.
The meanings of yellow in other cultures is a good read.
A long page about the history of the 'yellow ribbon' - interesting.
And just in case you don't want to spend the time reading those web pages, I've added this little song for you to enjoy..... I've been wanting to try adding a You Tube video here for a while and I'm going to see if I can manage it!
I remember this one from when I was in primary school - I had two older brothers doing their teenage thing and rocking along to the radio in the early 70's.
So, if you have some pics that you would like to show or want to reminisce in your photo 'album' join in the fun and leave a link in Mr Linky so we can all have a peek at your colourful world!













Lovely selection again Evi, love the baby jacket, yellow orchid and lemon tarts.
ReplyDeleteMine are up!
I remember when you dyed with turmeric. Wish I had more nature shots, mine are mostly food. I think that says something...
ReplyDeleteMy favourite in your selection though would have to be the big yellow sign
Love the flowers especially and the outback shot.
ReplyDeleteI never actually re-dyed the cardi - just let her wear as is.......time is short!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for all your comments on your fave shot - I go back and analyse and critique each one, wondering what draws some one to this or that pic!
what a beautiful mix, I want to eat one of those lemon tarts, yum! Love your yellow orchids, so dainty. Will try and get my yellow groove on this week.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely lot of photos Evi!My photos are a bit of a 'hotch potch'! lol
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely bright post Evi!
ReplyDeleteI am inspired to have a hunt around for some yellows now - haven't had much time this week. I'll see what I can come up with. cheers Wendy
Oh this is so much fun!! I just found your blog last week and new I wanted to join in on this colorific funness!! I Love your yellow picture of the bumblebee collecting it's summer sweetness from your garden:)
ReplyDeletethanks for such a fun link up!
Just linked in Evi. I forgot to say I love your banner! Your yellow post is so bright and cheery. Once again, thanks for making me have a look around and appreciate the colours. cheers Wendy
ReplyDeleteso many songs about yellow - have added 3 more but could have kept on going!
ReplyDeleteLovely! that picture of the daffodils (I'm welsh!) and mugs is wonderful!!
ReplyDeleteThanks to every one of you that joined in the fun or just stopped by to leave some words..... I'm having a ball here going through my photos and I keep finding more each time I look!!!
ReplyDeletewhat a lovely space of sharing you have created here... i have a blog called The Urban Playgarden.. i found you through Twig and Toadstool...thanks for sharing ... i am your new follower
ReplyDeletelight love and magic your way
dawn