let us eat

Friday, June 8, 2012

I love flying....

I am safe at 35,000 feet high in the sky....

I love flying....

I love flying....

...thats been my little chant these past few weeks. My mantra.
I am conquering a few fears in the next couple of months and one of these is flying.
Because on the 3rd of July I am jet setting off to Austria with my mother and nephew.
All of my relatives are in Austria, other than my immediate family, so I'll be spending 6 weeks visiting, chatting, sightseeing, eating, and drinking schnapps (but not too much schnapps) 


I've been to the hairdresser for a long over due trim; I'm heading off to the dentist for a quick checkup; I've bought a suitcase and a packet of Rescue Remedy.
I'm still organising clothes, schooling schedules, meal plans, child minding and a myriad of other small details to ensure all runs smoothly while I am gone. 

For some time now, I've been thinking of gifting a few little creative endeavours that I've made, to one of you lovely peeps that come and visit and make this blogging thing all worthwhile. Now that I'm being all very industrious and tying up loose ends, I've also finally put all my bits together and taken some pics (styled by my Fairy!)  


A while back, inspired by Taryn at Wooly Moss Roots, I whipped up a cute little felted pouch that she'd made for her salves. Taryn knitted hers but I find crochet quicker and easier, so I used up one of my leftover hand spun balls of wool. It felted up beautifully and quite thickly and sat waiting for a button for some time..... until my Dreamer carved one for me out of apple wood. Not as perfect as Woolly Moss Roots buttons but I'm happy with the outcome! I'd love to make more of my own but haven't figured out how yet!! 


 There's also a few little crochet hearts that are a cinch to make and look gorgeous as a bit of decoration on a gift, like this one. I've popped in some handmade Tasmanian incense that I bought at a local market recently and the coup de grace - a card and envelope made from cotton and alpaca poo!! My children tell me I have a sick sense of humour but when I saw it in a new-to-me craft shop, I couldn't resist purchasing it! 


So there you are - a little bundle of goodies to say thank you for visiting here. It would be lovely if all of my friends could win something but sadly theres only the one to be had. 
Please leave me a lovely comment, perhaps telling me what you like to read about in this space, or maybe how clever I am some encouraging words about flying high...... no horror stories please!!
I'm happy to send this small bundle anywhere at all. 

I'll get one of the gang to pick a winner with our straw hat home made random generator, next Friday, so I'd better close entries by 6pm Friday 15th June. (There's a lot to think about with give away's I've just realised, and I hope I've covered it all, please let me know if I haven't) 

Thank you and good luck! 

Oh, and I'm linking all this crafty goodness with Natural Suburbia's Creative Friday. 

16 comments:

  1. Sweet little hearts. I love that they come in a pouch. It makes me think you could have them handy to give to someone else if they needed a heart for the day. Good luck with the flying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a wonderful time in Austria. I love the colours in those crafty items.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Evi! Your trip to Austria sounds like it is going to be amazing! I imagine all the time chatting and catching up with your mum and nephew on the plane will keep your mind occupied. Add a little reading and sleeping and Some time for your mind to wander and relax without the usual hustle and bustle of life and you'll be enjoying it in no time (that's the easy version I know but I believe you can do it)
    Which market did you find the incense at btw if you don't mind me asking? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have an amazing trip and you will love flying ....

    I read your post about the pesto puffs and had a go at making them yesterday - they worked so well I just left out the olives as I'm not a great fan. I've put a photo of them cooked on my blog.

    I love the cute little hearts and purse in your give away - I'm loving crochet at the moment.
    Sue :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deloraine Market, Allana. First Saturday of every month and lots of interesting stalls. I don't know how well the incense works as this is the only one I bought - I'll give it a try next time I'm over that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flying IS absolutely AMAZING. Once you are up there and in the clouds you get to see some amazing sites. The clouds look like puffy cotton balls or cotton candy. And I love the patterns the Earth's surface have to offer. Simply beautiful.

    I love all your hand made/ hand crafted goodies! It must be something in the air as I too am holding a handmade give-a-way that ends on the 17th (Father's Day) for my followers. http://lifeforus.blogspot.com/2012/05/1000th-visitor-give-way.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh evi you will have the best time! flying is fun, it's good your telling yourself. i like to fly (well, i don't dislike it, but if i were going first class then i would love it!). i think the thing to do is distract yourself, i put new music, movies on my ipad, that i make myself wait for till i'm on the plane. and the same with a knitting project. and book. and even tho they say better not to drink while flying, i do have a glass of wine anyway, i'm not driving! hee hee

    rescue remedy is great, i like to bring the pastilles, then it doesn't take up room in the little baggie your allowed for liquids.

    and OH your giveaway! you are thoughtful and generous. fairy did a lovely job of arranging, it made me wish for everything! crossing fingers here.
    xxx lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Evi,
    Just remember that all of your readers will be thinking of you and holding your hand during your flights.
    Even the most experienced fliers, the graceful geese, fly in formation so that they can hold wings and offer each other encouragement during their journies. Enjoy your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaagh, Becky, I have no intentions of looking down!! I've requested an aisle seat!!

    Thanks Lori, I'm going to take your advice and load a couple of funny movies on my new ipad (bought just for this trip!) and take a book. Not sure about the knitting though ;o) perhaps if I try a harder pattern, I could become really distracted!!

    Knitgirl, thank you so much for the lovely words - thats so sweet and I'll keep them in mind while I'm up so high!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a great trip Evi, the thought of seeing loved ones again will help you on your journey, and the chance to make a new friend on the trip. I'mlooking forward to hearing all about your visit and seeing some wonderful photos ;)

    I enjoy your blog because you a fellow Tasmanian and because you write about the ordinary daily things which are infact the special things.

    I love that pouch you have made.

    cheers Kate

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Evi! I know how you feel! I don't think you'll ever see me in Tassie even, because no way am I getting in a plane and if I took the boat it might sink! Sharks!!!

    I love your give-away so please throw my name in. As much as I love your creations, I think the button has won my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your lovely words, Kate - the plan is to keep posting while I'm away, for my own enjoyment and to show you all about my homeland!

    Linda - I know how you feel but if I can face 35,000 feet, I reckon you could take a chance with the sharks!!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love that pouch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your handicrafts are lovely. About your blog, I enjoy learning about life in your part of the world which is very different from mine in some ways but similar in others. We are expecting our first grandchild so it's been fun seeing you with your grandbaby. I have flown many thousands of miles. Take deep slow breaths and enjoy the ride. Think of all the wonderful places the plane is taking you to see and the people you will enjoy once there. I'll never forget one of the first times I flew over the Alps. The mountains seemed to come right up to meet the plane. It was amazing. Have fun with each precious second! Can't wait to hear about it and see the pics you share.

    ReplyDelete
  15. evi have you seen 'the big year'? it's a great movie, a true story, i just watched it on the plane to africa (twice!) and time flew! and if you don't bring any knitting with you, think about the wool you may find in austria! i'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Jon and Lisa, I shall try and look out of the window ;o) (heights is another little mountain to overcome...sigh)

    Lori, as usual you are full of good ideas! I've been wondering what I should take to do in the handcraft way, and tossing up between knitting or crochet.... but I think my new love might be knitting! And I will keep that movie in mind - so long as theres no adrenaline rushes!!

    ReplyDelete

Oh yes please, do leave a comment! I will admit I don't always answer, although I do mean to, but I always read them and love to hear what you say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...