let us eat

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

a bite to eat

I haven't posted a recipe for ages and have a few that I'd like to share with you - here is the first one. Not really a recipe, I suppose, but it is food and it is Good! 


A very dear friend celebrated an 'important' birthday a couple of weeks ago and I offered to bring some nibbles. Of course, when the day came I was busy and ran out of time to create a snack worthy of such an auspicious occasion....... so resorted to these quick and easy bite size munchies! 

I was in such a hurry They turned out to be so delicious, that I didn't even get a pic of them when they came out of the oven!!

Quick and Easy Pesto Puffs 
(I just made up that name, as I wrote this out, so you can rename them however you like)

Mix together about a cup of ricotta with 1/4 cup of grated parmesan and plenty of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Cut a square of puff pastry into 16 small squares.
Top with a good smear of the ricotta, a chunk or slice of tomato, a few olive rings and a dollop of basil pesto.
Bake in a hot oven until done (not really sure how long - we just peek and when they look yummy we pull them out!) 


And that's it! All the ingredients for these were bought except the tomato's but you could make them with homemade ricotta and pesto and even homemade rough puff pastry if you were really enthusiastic!

I'd like to thank all of you that joined in with my red colour theme on Monday. It's not too late if you still want to add your 'red' link on the Linky link on that post. 
Next week it will be juicy, tangy Orange!  

2 comments:

  1. they sound so yummy! The only problem is they've just made me hungry when I really ought to be in bed:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great idea for some easy snacks!

    ReplyDelete

Oh yes please, do leave a comment! I will admit I don't always answer, although I do mean to, but I always read them and love to hear what you say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...