Sunday, May 10, 2020
we've moved!
Yes, we have upped sticks (and bus and belongings) and moved to this glorious piece of paradise!
While Stu and I both enjoyed the company of Bee and house mates, Stu is a lot less of a social butterfly than I am and he needed more of the quiet life. Our oldest son owns this gloriously situated acreage and suggested we move into the cottage since it was empty. This is where Stuy has been working for the past few months - fixing up all manner of things on the cottage - readying it for rental as an AirBnB. Isn't it just the most amazing outlook?
It's been an interesting week for sure. Just me and my Best Man, birds of all varieties, a few deer that pass through now and again....and my thoughts. I am learning/trying to be more content with being alone. But it's not easy. I love people. I love socialising. I love organising. I love inspiring. And I love being inspired by those around me. I've also not been on my own for over 30 years so I'm used to all of the above! Its truly not easy for me to not have someone around all day but I'm getting better at motivating myself and am almost enjoying this very alone time! Almost.
Fortunately restrictions are somewhat easing here so I did have a visit from Oldest Daughter and her two small girls. The girls and I went on a bush bashing adventure and followed wallaby trails through tall paddock grass, while their mama relaxed on the verandah. Both girls needed a good run around in the fresh air and sunshine.
And so did I.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Ooo, Envy!! That is a stunning view and a nice section...and a homely home.
ReplyDeleteWe sure do feel very grateful to be living here!!! Bliss!
DeleteAh, now those views bring back memories our of time living in Tassie, although down south, we went on many adventures throughout the state over the years. Hope you can enjoy & once the ease of restrictions commence, you should be able to socialise again. Look forward to seeing more of your new life. Take care, stay safe & huggles. PS: One day maybe... we'll be able to use our caravan again & come down to the Apple Isle?
ReplyDeleteTasmania sure is a state of much beauty! I love Hobart area as well and will always remember the day Stu and I drove to the top of Mt Wellington....it was FREEZING!!! Sleet and everything but oh so beautiful!
DeleteIf we are in Tas when you come down again, I'd love to meet up, Susan. Would be lovely to meet you in real life!
Wow, what an amazing spot, it really is stunning. I know what you mean about missing company. I'm quite a quiet person, but I do need some company. Not always quite as much as I get, but I don't think I'd like to be completely alone for too long.
ReplyDeleteYes, I am missing company. I also think I need to find myself a reason for doing things as I tend to just waft along if I'm alone. I must give this some thought :o)
DeleteWell you'll certainly have room to run there! And admire the views! And discover the joys of being alone!
ReplyDeleteHaha, yes I'll be singing 'the hills are alive' before long!!!! I'm not sure I'll ever love being alone though!
DeleteOh what beautiful scenery to get to see every day. Congratulations on the move. Looks awesome. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Peabea! We are pretty excited to be here - and very grateful!
DeleteHi Evi, such a lovely cottage for you to move into and the scenery is stunning. You must see some amazing sunsets there! I hope that you settle in quickly and that this alone time doesn't last too much longer. Here in New Zealand our lockdown restrictions are lifting a little from tomorrow and we will be able to have gatherings of up to 10 people! Yay. Keep well. Hugs x
ReplyDeleteHi Rose! Yes we do see some beautiful sunsets although not so much in the winter time as the sun sets behind some trees! The scenery does somewhat make up for the lack of social life ;o)
DeleteOur restrictions have lifted a tad as well which is pretty exciting so we are sure to have more of the family come for visits. And food ;o)
Thanks so much for stopping by!
That looks amazing! Such a fabulous spot and if you are going to be alone that is the place to do it. I'm glad you are still ok for visits, I need to chat to other people too, men are not always the same. That is probably why I blog! x
ReplyDeleteWhat a stunning place to live, Evi. So close to nature! I imagine the views are just gorgeous from your little cottage. I hope you'll settle into more alone time and enjoy your own company with visits too from those you love as often as this more restricted time allows. MegXx
ReplyDeleteHow beautiful. What a stunning spot for a cottage. How wonderful to hear that you are now able to spend time with your grandchildren, I love the sound of your adventures together.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the move. Oh, this is a place I wouldn't mind living! I am very content being alone, especially with my garden. I do hope you adjust easily.
ReplyDeleteFeel free to share at My Corner of the World
What a view. It gives me a lump in my throat.
ReplyDeleteSpectacular isn't it? We feel very fortunate to live here, even if only for a while.
Delete