Do you ever have those kinds of days where life just seems to weigh really heavily on your mind?
When I got up this morning I felt like I had been squashed flat. I just couldn't see the bright side of anything - the cottage is too small; my creative space is cramped and doubles as too many other things; the dishes hadn't been done properly; the children were sluggish about getting up; it was cloudy; ugh, everything looked gloomy, I was in a funk and ready to cry about anything!
I moped and doped through my morning.........and then the Best Man whispered that he had something exciting to share with me and could I make us both a hot chocolate and then join him outside! Well, sure!
I did think for a moment that he was going to show me a completed extension but no, it was a small brown parcel........ and all of a sudden the world didn't look quite so bleak anymore.
All because a beautiful lady on the other side of the globe had reached out and offered a lovingly handmade gift to one of her lucky readers! That lucky one was me and her thoughts couldn't have come winging their way here at a better time!
Although I had won gorgeous milky white mitts, Lori ann kindly offered to knit me a pair in a colour more suited to my farm-y, gardening self and I asked for her to choose what she thought might suit.
So watched by a friendly cow, the Best Man and I sat and sipped chocolate, as I slowly unwrapped the paper and waited for the surprise colour - and oh, I LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!!
Love the colours, they are just MY colours! Love the two 'different' mitts, the quirky way they are not identical! Love the extra bit of warmth they generate on my wrist!
The Best Man said very succinctly, "Wow, they are just You!"
And they are!!
Lori ann, you truly made my day!
Thanking you with much gratitude.






we are all so blessed to be connected in this bright wonderful world. here's smiling to you, tassie mama, and i LOOOOOOVE those mittens ! i do believe i want some.....congrats on your win and blessings on you for happy days ahead. xxxx
ReplyDeletelove ,
angela
dear evi,
ReplyDeletei'm so happy they made it safely to you and i'm SO happy you like them :) :) :) :) !
i hope you'll believe me when i tell you they were made out of just one skein of wool(not two different ones), noro silk garden, that comes in a random color way. and knits up in a random way too. it's one of my very favorite wools (a bit of silk and mohair are also in it, makes them very lightweight and warm). and yes, wonderfully unmatched. wear in good health and happiness!
xox lori
p.s. love how best man brought the package to you to cheer you up!
hehe, this had me smiling :) what lovely mittens! glad they cheered up your day. xox
ReplyDeleteOh my, they are indeed beautiful!! And the timing sounded perfect. :)
ReplyDeletethey are just gorgeous, and timely too.
ReplyDeletecheers Kate
Ah, what a perfectly timed blessing! And what a kind Best Man!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pair of mittens for a truly beautiful soul. xxx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful mitts! What a lovely lady Lori is! Your husband sounds so kind and thoughtful. Hope you enjoyed your hot chocolate together and that your spirits are lifted.
ReplyDeletethey are so pretty! and isn't lori ann such a a gentle spirit? enjoy that gift of love!
ReplyDeleteOh I understand Evi.
ReplyDeleteIt's a bit silly. I have so very much that's wonderful in my life. And it's not truly important in the grand scheme of things. But... all of my computer and internet problems over these months have left me feeling a little disconnected at times. My partner works on the other side of Australia and is often away for weeks at a time. So the computer is my adult connection. To My Man. To my friends and family. To blogland and my little Utopia.
The mitts are so very beautiful. What a lovely moment for you! and perfectly captured for us to share.
Love Aleta
They will be wonderful this winter! Your man sounds just wonderful and obviously really cares about you. I can't keep up with your posts lately! Busy lady.
ReplyDelete