I've been busy...... and a little bit down. My dearest friend spent a lovely ten days here with me and when she returned to the mainland, I realised just how much I had missed her and would miss her. We've been very close for almost 16 years, living - until recently - only a few kilometres apart and we've shared a lot of inner thoughts as well as two pregnancies. We are unique and different, yet with many similarities.
I miss her a lot.
It's a funny old world, isn't it? There are some wonderful 'ups' when time passes at great speed - holidays and visits with loved ones are just a couple that come to mind right now.
There's also the times when you just wish that the days would pass by rapidly.... when life throws you lemons and you aren't able to turn them into lemonade quickly enough!
And that's why I've been a little quiet in this space lately - I've been thinking. Musing. Just stopping and existing. No creating happening here right now.
I've come to the conclusion that no one else ever really knows how it is inside me....or you. Not even those that are closest to us. No one. We are all in our own little world within this larger world. Our very own little world that only we will ever inhabit. For some it's a placid little world yet for others there's a roller coaster of highs and lows. What I might view as quite normal, you might feel affronted by, and s/he may not notice at all, and s/he may hate it and so on.
No one else will ever truly, fully know me because my thought life is uniquely my own and shaped by my feelings, world view and a whole host of other randomness.
But good friends understand us a little better than most.
And thats what makes them so very special.


You are so lucky to have a good friend. Enjoy them while you can. All mine, except for the one I am married to, have died now, so I treasure my dear friend like he is the only person in the world. We all go throught introspective times and come out of it a richer person for it, I feel.
ReplyDeleteYou are so right Deb, introspection is a wonderful tool for growth, isn't it? And I understand the loss of a close friendship through death...... so much left undone and unsaid and un-enjoyed.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your kind words.
Well hello to you too! I've been wondering where you were. They are some deep thought processes you have been having. You are very lucky to have your friend. I lost my most special friend last year (not through death) through some very disturbing circumstances that have made me realise, while friendship is special, it is not guaranteed. :(
ReplyDeleteThinking of you!
So very true. A lot going on here for us too at the moment. I wonder could it be the autumn. A time for going in and confronting stuff that comes up. I also haven't been able to blog this last couple of weeks.
ReplyDeleteThank goodness for those nearest and dearest!
It's so wonderful that you got to spend some special time with your dear friend.
ReplyDeletexo
Thanks for stopping by all you lovely mama's - I'm hearing you both, Linda and Kate, yes to the loss of a friend and yes to the Autumn bringing some internal stuff.
ReplyDeleteInteresting isn't it that though we have never met we are actually aware that there's something going on when we don't post for a while. When you are at the bottom of my side bar for a while I start wondering where you are and if you are ok!! I love it!!