let us eat

Thursday, April 26, 2012

happy birthday

Today is my oldest sons birthday. He's 22.

Not so long ago he was driving Tonka trucks in the sandpit and building cubby houses in the undergrowth. Now he's leaping tall trees and marrying a beautiful maiden.


Tomorrow he is competing in the Australian Tree Climbing Championships being held in St Davids Park, Hobart. 
I hope all the love and birthday wishes we showered him with today, give him the superpowers he needs to win tomorrow.  

Here he is with my soon to be daughter in love.

And here he is on his winning climb during the Tasmanian Championships in 2010.

Happy birthday, my love.
xx


5 comments:

  1. Another birthday! So many beautiful people born in April ღ

    Happy birthday to your eldest (and mine!). The tree climbing championships! Just wait til I let my eldest know there's such a competition... he has already been in training most of his 6 years...
    Sounds like fun!

    Congratulations to you too Evi. 22 years of motherhood. Wonderful ღ

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely family! But tree climbing?! Who knew?! I'd be telling him to "get out of that tree this minute!" Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny you should say that Linda, because like Aleta's son, my boy has been climbing trees since he was tiny....if I'd known then that he'd make it his career I might have told him ' to get down now'!!! I mostly turned a blind eye and figured he'd hang on!!!

    Perhaps there's something about April babies and climbing, Aleta...... you could have a future champion too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow I never knew there was an official tree climbing competition, how wonderful!

    Loved the youtube, looked like so much fun.

    The photo of your son and his partner is beautiful too. You must be very proud.

    cheers Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy belated birthday to your beautiful son. wow, tree climbing? it's a bit like rock climbing i see, with the harness and all. he's so fit. it's pretty cool to have such adventurous (and goodlooking) sons (i have three of them too).
    what a beautiful couple, and photo. what a blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Oh yes please, do leave a comment! I will admit I don't always answer, although I do mean to, but I always read them and love to hear what you say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...