Easter for us means getting up extra early, getting dressed and waiting (im)patiently for every one to hurry and come outside to hunt for egg filled baskets.
It means hunting under bushes and flower patches, in low growing shrubs, around any grassy tufts or hillocks and definitely in the veggie patch. You just never know where that Easter bunny hid your basket while you were sleeping!
All of us join in - from the oldest to the very youngest...and every one has their own special basket, filled with chocolate delights and coloured hard boiled eggs. Well, maybe the youngest doesn't....yet!!
We search and if we are lucky we find our own without too much searching..... but if we find someone else's we quietly walk away and let them have the joy of finding their own basket hidden amongst the greenery.
There's always a little something else in the basket too - a small handmade notebook or a windup buggy or even a pretty hair clip.
Most of us stayed awake, but for this little one it all got a bit tedious and she had a quick nap!
When all the baskets have been found - but before ALL the chocolate has been consumed - we head indoors for a breakfast feast.
Cheeses, olives, crusty breads and fresh hot cross buns, washed down with hot chocolate and more chocolate bunnies then we need! Good food mixed with love and laughter, family and friends.
Of course, this year we also had a new Elf to cuddle and admire and squeeze and kiss.
Oh yes, I l.o.v.e family celebrations.









I love this tradition! And beautiful pictures , too.
ReplyDeleteJust perfect!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely post, Evie. I love the idea of an easter basket rather than hiding individual eggs too. Your photos were gorgeous and captured the moment completely.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a day filled with love and excitement :-) Just wonderful!
ReplyDeleteWe'd love you to share this post on our Happy Family Times linky to help share ideas for family traditions http://happywhimsicalhearts.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/happy-family-times-3.html
Warmly, Kelly
Such a wonderful family tradition, and so nice to have the newest member of your family there!
ReplyDeleteoh that looks just wonderful. Next year can i come and share easter with your family? Please?
ReplyDeletecheers Kate
haha, the Tiny Elf looks less than impressed with the basket hunting! Love the pics.
ReplyDeleteWho won the egg-smash this year?
Hey I just realised...it's nearly exactly two months till I see you all, woot!! :D
Oh Evi! That looks like a fabulous day! Where can I get an invite for next year??? Great photos! - Kara
ReplyDeleteI don't know how I missed this post coz I've been looking at everyone's blogs regularly lately! Your Easter looks wonderful. I especially like the photo of your daughter with the bub. She has an ethereal look about her. I'm glad you had a lovely Easter!
ReplyDeleteit doesn't get much better than this evi, your family is so lucky and so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteand those white cosmos. oh how i love those.
xxx lori
what a beautiful family tradition! lovely pictures! Love, laughter, family, friends--nothing more important!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful way to share your day together. Your photos are lovely.
ReplyDelete