let us eat

Monday, September 26, 2011

Weekend work, rest and play

 






Work, for me - the first bed finished in the new garden. It will be a home for asparagus, lots of them as it's almost 14 metres long. Maybe I'll plant globe artichokes too...... and possibly climbing peas this year just to cover the bare fence until the hedge looks presentable.........

Rest, also for me - Tippi the Wonder Dog and I enjoyed a late afternoon cup of tea while watching The Dreamer putting the roof on the new garden shed. Nothing like watching progress from a comfy chair! 
Please look at the cute little shed and past the old bathtubs, oil barrel, random pots and bits!! 

And play - lots of it for the youngest family members. Lovely weather and friends, what more could you ask for on a weekend? 

The weeks seem to be flying by. Another weekend gone and already late September. This year has passed so incredibly quickly and I feel I need to catch it by it's fast disappearing rear end and hold it back just a little. Just enough so I can catch my breath and savour every day a little bit longer.

Dont you feel that the years are speeding by faster and faster? 

6 comments:

  1. Very impressive work, and I'm glad you found the time to rest. I too cannot believe it is nearing the end of September. The year has flown once again and I need to start on my hand made Christmas presents, me thinks. And it brings me closer to the arrival of my grand child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing some good work on your garden! I enjoying watching. Love your random bit and peices! And yes, I wish I could slow life down to a do-able pace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi there,, beautiful captures of your loved ones all enjoying life! love the 'rest' shot of you and wonder doggy. happy gardening, and resting ! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful weekend work! I just have to ask, are you building your own greenhouse? I have wanted one for so long, but they are pricey. Are there specific plans you are using, oh do tell:)
    xo
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaghh, Kate, I'm thinking this season will not see many handmade items on my gift list. But I'm fine with that - every year is not the same!

    Linda in Vic, thanks for popping by - I like your random bits too!

    Angelina, I think The Boy was enjoying putting up the shed! He was smiling!

    Linda, we are building a poly tunnel. Not as good looking as a green house, but cheaper and quicker to put up. I dream of a nice English style glass green house ....sigh... we purchased the hoops for it and will modify as we go. The little shed you see in the pic is for a garden shed for tools, but now that I think of it perhaps I could talk The Boy into building another with glass.....!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh love it all! we are settling down for a cold, cold winter great to see new beds being made!

    ReplyDelete

Oh yes please, do leave a comment! I will admit I don't always answer, although I do mean to, but I always read them and love to hear what you say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...