Ta-dah!! Those four balls have now become three and I have a nice new crochet hook holder! I managed to use up one ball completely and had almost the exact amount - it was two double crochets short so I just added some of the purpley one for that last bit! I am pretty excited about having a holder for my hooks because they have been floating around in various bags and sewing tins for years - I have been meaning to 'get around to it' and never did. And of course I had to take a photo and share even though I haven't yet added a tie to hold it closed.
Do you recognise the twirly cord? While I was looking for something suitable to tie around the hooky roll, my gaze fell on the finished Viking cord tucked away amongst the treasures of The Smallest Boy! This one is definitely the wrong colour but I have visions of more cord weaving in matching colours and perhaps thinner wool - while we have read aloud time!!!!
How did I make it? Easy! Very technical! I crocheted a chain a bit longer than my hook and then double crocheted enough rows until my wool ran out!!! The green bit was a much thinner wool and I simply double crocheted enough rows straight onto the cover.
BUT...... when I came to putting the hooks in, I realised that I should have made some bigger gaps for the larger size hooks. I had to squeeze the fat one through with a tiny bit of force but at least it wont ever fall out and get lost! Oh well!
Thats probably the only hand work I will get done this week. I wasn't doing any for a while but since starting this blog I've been inspired to create more often and I feel much better for it! Maybe it's because I see so many creative people and I want to make it all; or perhaps I'm just trying harder to finish items I start so that I can 'show and tell'! In lieu of having crafty real life friends for incentive, I now have a blog that keeps me motivated and some lovely women that pop in and say "Hi"!!
If you are one of those lovelies - thanks for visiting!



SO lovely!! and handy and useful and just plain pretty! well done!
ReplyDeletewhat a great idea.Practical and beautiful.And I agree with you, my blogging friends are wonderful incentive to finish things, and there are just so many wonderful things I'd like to try like your twirly cord.
ReplyDeleteI love it! A great idea and I love that yarn. What pretty colours. :- )
ReplyDeleteGood afternoon Evi,
ReplyDeleteThose are beautiful colours and a clever creation.
Blog land has so many talented craft people with amazing work. I am in awe of some of the things I see...and it is good motivation to get creative.
Have a great weekend :)
Wow, so fantastically colourful :) I always love when I craft things to store my crafty things!
ReplyDeleteMe too, Pinkundine!
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks for all your nice comments, sweet women! Truly this blogging community has so much to offer - both items to make and heart felt thoughts! x x x
Wishing you all a relaxing weekend too!
This looks gorgeous! Love all the colours, no way you will loose this in a bag!
ReplyDeleteWow Evi! It turned out GREAT and you completed it sooo quickly ;)
ReplyDeleteLove the colours, love the wool you haven't used yet too. Can't wait to see what you get up to with those...
Lovely and useful! It looks great.
ReplyDeletelooks great! I could really do with a few of these too
ReplyDeleteI'd love to figure this one out for connected needles - cable ones. Some of them don't come apart. And saying "that's all I've done?" Really????? Ten times more than I can seem to settle to, so I think you're amazing.
ReplyDeletePretty and very handy too!
ReplyDeleteVery nice, good looking and handy tool. Like the colours too.
ReplyDeleteThis is so pretty, and the wool is so colourful...I need something like this for all my needles to keep them in one place!
ReplyDelete