let us eat

Friday, September 30, 2011

On my mind....


What do you get when you combine the very last of the daffodils, some juicy organic lemons and a rainy afternoon? Why, a bright and sunshiny tea party, of course!  

Small girls (and boys!) love cooking up treats and laying out the pretty tea set and this mama doesn't mind in the least, not when there is such a scrumptious feast laid out too. I wished we had some long gowns of sprigged muslin to finish the scene but sadly we ate and drank in trackies and T-shirts. I'm thinking though, that surely, amongst all that fabric I buy from op shops, there must be a length to sew a pretty gown and maybe a bonnet.....   

Lemon curd tarts - they were delicious and today they're still on my mind! Perhaps a nice vanilla sponge with lemon curd and cream filling next time........

I'm joining in with Rhonda again today - have a peek over there to see what's on her mind! 

9 comments:

  1. Those tarts look very nice.

    I have been given quite a few jars of lemon curd so might give these a try...

    Sounds like a perfect tea party to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made lemon curd not so long ago and have a jar waiting for me to get inspirational. Which you have just done. With friends coming tomorrow, do you mind if I steal your tea party idea?
    Just visiting from Down To Earth. I like your blog. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cups and saucers are beautiful. What a lovely thing to do on a rainy day. I must get more adventurous with my lemons. That lemon curd would be nice, I have a recipe somewhere. Btw you prompted me to stop being wussy. I now have a photo on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look yummy. And I agree about the tea party type atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The joy of simple food!!!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chris, thanks for stopping by! No I dont mind in the least - I'm good at sharing!!!
    Oh Linda, you don't know how I ummed and aahhed over sharing pics of me on my blog - wrong angle, too much tummy, bad hair day, blah blah!! But we are all unique and I don't notice those things in others pics so I hoped no one would in mine either ;-)

    And to all you lovelies visiting here - thank you for your input - it's great to 'meet' you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh had a craving for lemon curd today!! And daffodils!- wow, we have to wait another 6 months for those delicious bursts of sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No wonder those tarts are still on your mind, they look beyond delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Oh yes please, do leave a comment! I will admit I don't always answer, although I do mean to, but I always read them and love to hear what you say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...