let us eat

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Making movies








What is it with children and army anything? We don't watch any movies like that and we are a peace loving family and still they have a fascination with war and guns and stalking things. 

This weekend, our youngest two and two friends spent both days dressed in layers of army gear, toting an array of weapons and all the while filming their first blockbuster movie. Yeah, yeah, I know it will set them up for a life of crime with killer instincts ........ but then again it might also set them on a path of acting or directing or filming or........ 

I think the plot revolves around some thugs, a robbery and a feisty heroine but I'm not too sure - there's a lot of falling down, yelling and something happens in the underground bunker. Thats the large rabbit hole you see in the pic. 

Angelina J popped in a little later but was in a very surly mood and couldn't be coaxed into smiling for the camera no matter what we threatened her with!! She'd had it with all the takes and re-takes and made sure we all knew of her displeasure! 

The result is four very happy, tired, dirty children and one happy mama who spent all day in the garden. 
Hoping you all had a wonderful weekend too! 

3 comments:

  1. What fantastic imaginations! And a wonderful bolthole :-) My little fella likes turning things into guns, although we also don't encourage that kind of play and he always says 'you don't like guns do you mum', warm wishes Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. How simply wonderful. I can remember playing like that as a child and I didn't turn into a killer or a thug. I love the contrast between the army garb and the colourful guns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to see outdoor imaginative play! I like the surly faced photos the best!

    ReplyDelete

Oh yes please, do leave a comment! I will admit I don't always answer, although I do mean to, but I always read them and love to hear what you say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...