let us eat

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Happy Birthday to me!!





Really this post is just for the record. I'm not very photogenic and neither is the Best Man - truly, he's not really that chubby in the face! - but I did want to record the fun!! 

1. Family shot - three of mine and a ring-in
2. The boys hamming it up
3. Miss Elli and her darling daddy
4. Something yummy - Mozart Kugeln - an Austrian delight; and a carved wooden spoon made by my talented Elli. I'm honoured - I received her first finished spoon! 

And, uumm, I must confess...... except Fairy Girls top, all the purple clothes and scarves belong to me. Yeah yeah I know, thats an awful lot of one colour in the wardrobe but I've loved that colour in any shade for a very long time and I'm happy to share on my birthday!! 

So there you have it. Simple meal (Greek salad and pesto cheese bruschetta and a homemade pavlova for a cake/dessert), improvised clothing, some fun loving kids and the Best Man and you end up with one Happy Mama and a Good Time for all. 

 Yes, thank you, I had a lovely birthday!! 

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, I'm silly. I saw you mention your birthday last week and didn't comment coz I was going to remember and wish you happy birthday on Saturday!

    Anyway.. Happy Birthday! I can see you had a really good time. I'm impressed that you could even encourage the ring-in to dress up in purple!!!

    Btw thanks for your supportive comments on my blog re. Christmas stress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Happy Birthday. Love the Photos and the purple ( my favourite as well). You have a beautiful family!
    The little carved spoon is gorgeous, Your Ellie is very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Evelin!! :D all the best for the year ahead. lots of love from Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's truly lovely to see all the smiling faces and love here evi! i do know how you feel, i feel the same when i stick my face in posts, but its like you said, for the record. and still i think it's just lovely.
    happy happy birthday dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so so much for all your love and best wishes. I'm always touched by the lovely thoughts you all leave me and I am especially grateful at this time of year when it's all a bit busy for us all :o)
    I'm feeling very teary and tired today and am almost blubbering over the keyboard - I think I need to get a real social life!!!!
    Hugs to you all {{{{{{ }}}}}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a bit late at catching this post, but I agree it's lovely. So many smiles! That really is the best celebration gift isn't it?
    And as for the purple. I have ENORMOUS amounts of the colour Green in MY wardrobe. My Man once commented "Just because you're wearing all green, it doesn't mean it matches, or goes well together". LOL. Oh well!
    Happy Birthday x

    ReplyDelete

Oh yes please, do leave a comment! I will admit I don't always answer, although I do mean to, but I always read them and love to hear what you say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...