let us eat

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas past....


Fabric embroidered stars and trees - 2008

Styrofoam beaded 'sputniks' - 2009

Cardboard stars - 2010

Felt angels - 2008

Felt bird - 2008, and floral styrofoam ball - 2011
 The kids were putting up the tree last Sunday and it got me thinking about the little handmade decorations we have made over the years. There has been a direct correlation between how busy/distracted/focused we I have been - some years we were quite prolific, although the amounts and variety seem to be less as the kids are getting older.  This year we haven't made any!! 

But we have two days to go and I am determined to get some new pretties on the tree.  So I'm off to round up the three youngest for a quick making session....... wish me luck!!!   

3 comments:

  1. Those sorts of things are real memories. The kids will love seeing the decorations year after year. Imagine when they are 10 or 20 years old and still being hung on the tree! Tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful idea, not only are you making decorations, you are making memories for your kids. Merry Christmas, I have loved coming to visit the Sistersun blog this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your styrofoam ball bauble tute. And it looks SO very groovy and gorgeous in situ! Next to a familiar dove (we had one on our tree this year too). I love getting the kids involved in creating decorations too. They get so much more out of celebrations don't they?

    ReplyDelete

Oh yes please, do leave a comment! I will admit I don't always answer, although I do mean to, but I always read them and love to hear what you say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...