let us eat

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The FF club



Fairy girl made a request today - "Could you please make me some badges for our new club, Mum? They have to be green with FF on them.... and I need five!" 

She has got her reading sorted out and is devouring books like nothing else! Anything. And Everything. I forget about her for an hour and when I suddenly wonder where she is and call her, I need to call at least twice. And then a little voice answers from the loft, "yes, mum?" 

Lately she has been reading a couple of Hardy Boys books and re-reading the Famous Five books that I've already read aloud to them. And today she wanted badges for a 'club' she is organising. 
I think it's called the Famous Five Club although she tells me they will chase animal trails instead of conmen and smugglers. The older children offered alternative names - 'Fantastic Five' and 'Fearless Five' and 'Funky Four' because it seems there are only four in the club, but the official name is still not clear. I do have a sneaking suspicion that the funnest part is the planning and organising. 

A circle of fabric (old work pants from the Best Man), a circle of felt, a bit of time embroidering the letters and a safety pin to hold it on. 

Simple. The smile on her face says it all!

I'm joining in with Creative Friday over at Natural Suburbia.

5 comments:

  1. What wonderful, creative fun! I love boundless imagination (especially with a handy mom who can help make it happen).

    ReplyDelete
  2. How absolutely wonderful! I wish we lived nearby. Miss Eight is a famous five 'nut' and can't read enough of their books! She would love to be a part of the club! In fact, if I read her this post, I can guarantee I'll be sewing badges too. Have fun Fairy Girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, that is one of the downside's of bloggy land. You find someone and think 'I'd really love to get to know this person' but alas, the tyranny of distance!!
    If you send me an email with your postal address (do I have my email addy on here somewhere?) perhaps my girl will part with one of her badges....... she loves to share!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww how cute :) reminds me of the 'R&R' club the boys had. Ask The Dreamer if he remembers that.

    Are you going to put up any Christmas pics? I'd love to see some.

    I'll have to give you a call sometime soon Ev, when you have more time to chat :)

    Lots of love and hugs xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You lovely lady! Thank you! But I won't steal one of Fairy Girl's special badges. Perhaps my Miss Eight will have fun coming up with her own club. The upside of having a younger brother and sister is being able to organise them into the games of your choice!

    ReplyDelete

Oh yes please, do leave a comment! I will admit I don't always answer, although I do mean to, but I always read them and love to hear what you say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...