let us eat

Monday, January 9, 2012

At the seashore







 We went to the sea shore on the weekend. It wasn't a particularly beautiful part of the coast line - right in town - but it held beauty in small measures. 

All manner of unusual creatures have made their home on the shore. Squishy blobs. Sinuous threads of life. Muscles in hard cases. On rocks. In pools. Under sand. 

 There's something special where Ocean and Land merge. Perhaps it's just that it's the limit for most of us. The Ocean is not our world..... there is a whole new world out there under the sea, a mysterious world. Looking out over the waves is like trying to see through opaque glass and wondering what is on the other side. I can only imagine what may live beneath the surface.
 The possibility of finding something washed onto the shore from The Deep, keeps my eyes glued to the ground, just in case! 

I feel invigorated after my visit and am reminded why I love a stormy sea and windswept beach.
This year I will spend more time at the seashore. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh what beautiful photos! Miss four would go nuts over those perfectly smooth stones. She has a huge collection in a jar on the windowsill. It must be wonderful to plan to go to the beach more often. It is envigorating, isn't it?! We haven't been for a couple of years because we have to travel so far to get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love it too, every time you go it's never the same, always lovely. I would love to have a look around yours to see the differences and similaritys to ours. Happy beachcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful words and photos - thanks for sharing! I have always been soothed by the sea and would struggle to live somewhere that I would not have the pleasure of seeing it everyday. Driving to Wynyard last week we pulled over to watch a huge pod of Dolphins leaping a feeding out in the straight - heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda - I know how she feels about smooth round stones.... they really are special.

    Lori - I would love to show you around Tassie someday!!

    Allana - I've never lived this close to the ocean before but I do love it when I go. Especially in the cooler months....so invigorating!

    ReplyDelete

Oh yes please, do leave a comment! I will admit I don't always answer, although I do mean to, but I always read them and love to hear what you say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...