let us eat

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I'm back!!!!

...........at last!! Did ya's all miss me??? 
Well,  I missed telling my story to you all and reading your lovely words of wisdom for the first couple of weeks but then things got a bit hectic and you, my bloggy friends took a step back into the recesses of my mind! But...... now I am home again and keen to share my past adventures,  present happenings and future wishes with you all! Hopefully I won't bore you with my holiday posts - I promise not to do too many! After all, I do have to change from holiday mode to Christmas mode in the very near future!! 



















    
A quick over all snapshot of our time away - 

 - catching up with friends 

- a visit to a local agricultural show

- getting up close and friendly with the wildlife 

- giant tree swings, family bonfire and motorbike rides

- dancing nature fairies and, ahem, a silly mama,  a poetry recitation!

- gardening with our beloved Oma 

- and then just as we were getting used to all these fun times, all five children contracted whooping cough!! Can you believe that? On our holiday?! Nah, I couldn't either but although sad it was true and we spent the remaining 3 weeks cloistered with hacking coughs at my mums, the afore mentioned beloved Oma. Oh, yes, I could have cried (I did); I could have screamed (I didn't - much) I could have got very despondent (I nearly did) but none of that did me any good! I did learn a lesson though. 
The Lesson is that from now on we are all in seclusion/quarantine/or whatever you choose to call it, for a full month before we spend lots of dollars sailing across Bass Strait on our next holiday!! 

I hope you've all been enjoying the weather, your gardening, the build up to the Christmas season and the many words of wisdom shared in the blogging world....till next time x x x  

6 comments:

  1. Lovely photos! Looks like fun. That is just dreadful about the whooping cough though! I hope you are getting caught up on everything and that everyone is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to have you back. I missed your posts! I love the photos, expecially Oma's garden! Hopefully the kids had enough fun that memories of the good times will override the coughing. It certainly looks like it in the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oma's garden is amazing! :-)

    It's been good having G, J and R here. I will have to send you a pic of the shoes I am going to wear to the wedding this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back, it's lovely to visit here again! Such beautiful photos.
    Warmly
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that you are back. When your post popped up I remembered too how much I love the photo at the beginning, you only have to look at those bright clothes on the line and feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone - it's so nice to know that you like to read my bits of trivia and my efforts at decent photo's!!

    And Kim - a big thank you for the washing line comment! As you can tell I love seeing washing flying in the breeze and on that particular day the colours just looked to good to pass up!!

    ReplyDelete

Oh yes please, do leave a comment! I will admit I don't always answer, although I do mean to, but I always read them and love to hear what you say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...