A couple of weeks ago I entered a giveaway on growmama and was delighted to win the booty!! Indeed, it's the first time I have won any giveaway, so it was doubly delightful... and because this is a first I am devoting a whole post to it - well almost! Today, when the Best Man returned from the post office, he handed me a nice little package all done up with crisp brown paper and my name on it!!
Here are the contents - all lovingly crafted by Melissa at tinyhappy, just across the trench in New Zealand. I've been admiring her handy work for a while and love the detail in her fine watercolours. The photo at the top doesn't do the tiny bird justice, as its a bit washed out with the light.
This one is a bit better and shows the little drawstring bag that I will use to keep any ongoing embroidery in (another tiny baby singlet, perhaps?) I am quite partial to little bags - zippered, drawstring, rolled - you name it and I will find something to use it for!
Thankyou Melissa and Anissa!
Later in the day, I popped in to the little op shop here in our town, and picked up this set of gorgeous old children's books. Aren't they just lovely? All the embossing on the covers, such a nice shade of green and loads of interesting drawings and paintings inside.
I am hoping that the kids will put them to good use but I have a feeling that wont be the case. In fact, I have a sneaking suspicion that it is only I that has a fondness for these old tomes and that I should just admit that I bought them to look good in my bookcase.
There, I feel better now for having 'fessed up!!





No comments:
Post a Comment
Oh yes please, do leave a comment! I will admit I don't always answer, although I do mean to, but I always read them and love to hear what you say!