let us eat

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Blue and white








After all last weeks rain ...... yes, yes I know you must all be heartily sick of me telling you about our rainy weather but truly it has been wet, wet, wet and I miss that Sun so much! Ahem... as I was saying, after all that rain, it was such a joy to wake up to a sunny clear Sunday - hooray!! 

I went outside to see blue sky, green, green grass (that our little tribe of guinea pigs are getting quite fat on) and best of all, sweetly scented snowy white plum blossoms! I could smell spring just around the corner - at least for today! These wild plum trees start flowering so early - in fact right behind the daffodils and snowdrops - and so early sometimes that the blossoms get knocked right back with the frosts we still get in September. 
Right now though, I am so thankful for the lovely show they are putting on!

Oh, by the way, the small white garment on my washing line, is not a strangely shaped pair of knickers - although you'd be excused for thinking that - it's actually a sports bra .......truly!!! 


6 comments:

  1. Your photos are beautiful Evi...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh, it looks so fresh and lovely. We are sweating here in Mexico and I MISS the coolness of spring, and the show that all the flowers put on at that time of year.
    Beautiful pictures..

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, all that blossom is gorgeous! My newly planted fruit trees are just starting to get leaves so i know blossom wont be too far away. Feel free to send some rain my, so that some more mushrooms will pop up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOW GORGEOUS. I am soooooo looking forward to spring. It's really lovely to see blossoms coming out now though isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey there sweet tassie mama. i do love each and every pic here. it looks and feels and smells so pure and clean. thank you ! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your thoughts, lovely mamas! Those petals really did make my heart sing.....

    ReplyDelete

Oh yes please, do leave a comment! I will admit I don't always answer, although I do mean to, but I always read them and love to hear what you say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...