let us eat

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Somebody's having a birthday soon....




Somebody's having a birthday soon,
Somebody right here in this room;
Our Fairy is turning nine years old
shining with her heart of gold.

My youngest is getting older! On Friday she turns 9 and it seems not so very long ago she was only one! It's a funny feeling, having only older children. Where once we had lots of little ones and a baby, now the littles are adults and the last baby is fast heading that way. I cant say that I've enjoyed all of my mothering moments but I can say that it's all been worth it so far.

I do miss those baby 'moments' though - that yummy baby smell ...... small snuffles in the night ...... fat roly-poly baby legs ....... and the breastfeeding, especially breastfeeding!

But now this little one is almost nine and those baby days seem so long ago. Fortunately she still likes a Mummy snuggle in bed in the mornings and a big cuddle night.
But once again I'm reminded that life moves on..........


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh yes please, do leave a comment! I will admit I don't always answer, although I do mean to, but I always read them and love to hear what you say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...