I've managed to fit in some sewing this week! This doesn't happen every week but I've been really trying to do something in the handwork/craft line each day .... even if it's only a few stitches of embroidery or a tiny stint on the sewing machine.
This week I've made (with the help of my 18yo daughter) a summer dress for Fairy Girls birthday next week as well as cutting out another one more suitable for winter in purple corduroy. I had to do a bit of adjusting (which I dislike doing) but I'm sure it will fit. I'll show them both next week when she's wearing them!
Theres been talk among my older children of having a market stall later this year, perhaps in Nov or Dec. Naturally that has inspired a burst of creativity among us all! Theres been loads of recycled envelopes traced, cut, folded and glued, many craft books perused and as mentioned before, some sewing actually achieved.
Ta Dah!! The first batch of cute little zippered pouches! Theres obviously not really a theme happening here .......... no wait a minute, there is a theme only you cant see it - the fabrics were all chosen from my stash depending on whether I had a zipper to match!!
Theres a couple made from a linen tea towel from New Zealand; two from linen furnishing samples;
these two made from a linen print off cut gifted by a friend - I really love these with the very bucolic scene of shepherds and sheep!
And my favourite one from a doily/traycloth that I added some embroidery to, using the inspiration from this book. All of them are made from repurposed or scrap fabrics and even the zippers, although new, were from the op shop.
All in all not too bad for an otherwise busy week! I hope your week has been as craftily prolific too!





Such lovely projects:)
ReplyDeleteThey are all so lovely, cheers Marie
ReplyDeleteThank you sweet ladies - both of who are so very cleverly creative :o) Nice of you to stop by.
ReplyDeleteYou know little zippered pouches like those are perfect for keeping knitting and crochet WIPs in....
ReplyDelete