Thing one - We have had snow!!! Not just once but twice! Twice, I say! Yes, indeed!
We woke one morning a couple of weeks ago to find a sparkling white world outside. Even better, the snow continued to fall several times in the course of the morning. My Fairy and I donned hats, gloves and boots and hurried outside to the unexpected winter wonderland. We walked the almost 1 kilometre into our little village and discovered how just a bit of snow could bring out the inner child in normally sedate adult humans! Everyone we met was wearing a silly smile (and layers of clothes!) and the whole atmosphere was one of excitement and anticipation! The footpaths were white and sludgy, the air was brisk with a very cold wind but it seemed that the snow had touched and warmed hearts everywhere.
Interestingly it snowed a second time exactly a week later.
Unheard of for many years, the old timers tell me.
Thing two - I have been struggling. Winter and I are not good bedfellows and every winter season is a challenge for my soul. I have written about my winter blues before, here. I find (every winter) that my tiny house and lack of suitable photography light and subjects, stifle my creativity…and so I have nothing tangible to blog about, as well little incentive.
This cold season though, has prompted me to continue looking within myself and to dig a little deeper into the many layers. The dark months have seen me planning, scheming and overcoming. I have discovered and discarded. Undone and understood. Sifted through beliefs and sorted strategies. And now, in the light of daffodils and plum blossoms, I feel maybe I am stronger and ready to face a new Spring. Literally and figuratively.
Friends, if you are still around and stopping by, thank you. I have loved blogging these past few years and I haven't lost that love.
I am still here.











It's so pretty and fun when it snows. Thank fully we don't get it for very long either. I also struggle with the winter blues and I wonder why did I move to the Snowy Mountains instead of Byron Bay! I don't know how people cope in countries with constant snowfall. I lived in a crappy cold house for 7 years with a new baby just under the snowline and left my friends and rewarding job. That was depressing. We have moved off the mountain but still in the same area. I've reflected a lot and also realised what makes me happier such as an uncluttered house especially in winter and to do lots of craft such and sewing and knitting. But there are some things I'll never be able to fix such as difficult relationships. Sounds like this winter slumber time has given you the enlightenment and tools to 'come in to being' as Sara Avant Stover calls it. I look forward to hearing about it!
ReplyDeleteHappy spring!
ReplyDeleteActually, it's abit wired to read about snow. I'm melting in Montreal these days. But I love summer and think winter is a challenge. But you made it!
All the best, Regula
Happy Spring lovely Evi! I must admit to a fairly empty blog of late too though mine's due to lack of time. Strangely, I love winter and get depressed in summer because of the dry. I have a feeling that your winters may carry a lot less sunshine than mine! Hoping some beautiful spring days bring the sunshine back to your life (and soul)!
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty snowfall!! I feel sorry for the chooks, they probably wondered what had happened! Hehe.
ReplyDeleteYay for spring!
Snow! How beautiful I also am looking forward to spring, may our dark clouds lift soon and sunshine enter our souls. Big love Bec xx
ReplyDelete