let us eat

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

baby, its cold down here...









Brrrr, the weather has been chilly lately - minus 4 and 5 each morning for the past week. Lots of lovely ice crystals all over the windscreen on my car and sometimes all over the whole car in great swathes! One morning I just had to brave the temperatures and head outside to take these photos and oh gosh, my fingers froze! This kind of cold always reminds me of the Laura Ingalls Wilder book - The Long Winter - with the snow piled high and Laura and her sister sleeping upstairs where the ice was on the inside of their bedroom ceiling! Its hard to imagine that!

Looking at these pics makes me realise that my camera is not the best at taking macro shots. I enjoy taking very very close ups but I'm feeling I need a better lens…..come to think of it, I think I also need to take a photography class. Hmm, now theres a thought, I even have some info about a local one coming up next month…….maybe, I could fit it in…??

I hope you are all keeping warm by the fire over these cold winter days….except my northern hemisphere friends who I'm sure are loving the halcyon days of summer. It will be our turn soon!!

2 comments:

  1. I think your foto's are very pretty and yes laura! I read those books every year again!
    Greetings from holland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos and that is what I thought we would be having at this time of year but it has been very mild so far.

    ReplyDelete

Oh yes please, do leave a comment! I will admit I don't always answer, although I do mean to, but I always read them and love to hear what you say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...