let us eat

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

I've been camping











Now while you may be thinking that I've just dropped off the radar again, I've actually been so busy doing all kinds of interesting things (and some not so interesting too, I must add!) and one of the fun ones was a weekend camp with our homeschool group. This weekend just gone in fact, which of course doesn't account for all the other weeks I've been missing from this space, does it?

Never mind, let me just tell you that we had a fantastic time, especially the children! There were all kinds of activities and loads of free time for playing games and running around and even a bit of swimming in the freezing Liffey River. We made lots of magic eyes and strung them around the rustic common room; fabric painting with some fab dyes that set in the sun, haha! a basket weaving session that produced a few lovely baskets and loads of headbands; an evening campfire and toasted marshmallows and doughboys (thats those wormy looking things on the sticks); an afternoon spent making a whole flock of swans from fancy cut apples and filigreed carrots; and for me, even a little bit of sketching….bliss!

Now I'm off to sort photos of the past month to show you and try to remember what happened in February for the Monthly 9 report. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Those craft projects are so wonderful...some great colours there too!The fruit and veggie sculptures are just so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks like so much fun Evi!!

    ReplyDelete

Oh yes please, do leave a comment! I will admit I don't always answer, although I do mean to, but I always read them and love to hear what you say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...