
Oh golly gosh!!!!! I can hardly believe that I'm joining in with Ginnys Yarn Along again!! With a whole new project, in fact! Another knitting project. I'm amazing myself, I really am!
Yes, yes, I have finished the little vest and gifted it to the Tiny Elf who looks adorable in it. Yes, I will post the pics shortly, just to prove it!!
But look at this...... I've already cast on another small garment and so far so good. This one is the 'in three's' cardigan which I've had in mind to do for a while now. I was inspired after I popped in to visit Tania and she had just been to Spotlight and brought home some 8ply. Remembering that I had a few similar balls of yarn, I unearthed them and checked out my Ravelry list and viola! the 'in threes' was perfect! It will be the soft pink at the top and a darker shade from the yoke down and hopefully there'll be enough yarn! There is a nice mauve as well, should I need it.
As for reading, that hasn't gone so well. I still haven't finished Graceling although I do plan to, soon! At the moment I'm reading through the May issue of Servus magazine, an indulgence that gets sent to me each month from Austria. It is such a beautiful publication - recipes, folklore, profiles on craft people, old legends re-told, herbal lore and more, all with the most breathtaking photography and sketches. And it provides me with practice in reading, and consequently spelling, German..... so I feel a bit justified in all those freight miles!!
(PS - doesn't the wool go so well with the pink roses?)
It really is so much easier reading a short article and getting the whole thing read in a few minutes, as opposed to finding time to wade through a whole novel! Once upon a time I had no such dilemmas, I read until late, late in the night but now I pay for transgressions like that, the next day!!
Thanks so much for stopping by. I have been a bit slow with replying to comments lately but I really appreciate that you have visited and perhaps left a note!
xxxx hugs xxx
Hallo meine lieben!
Heute nur mal ein paar schnelle wörter über mein neues stricken und lesen. Ich bin nicht eine sehr schnelle Strickerin, eher bin ich beim nähen oder basteln zuhause, aber momentan macht mir stricken amall spaß!
Für meine kleine Enkelin stricke ich dieses entzückendes rosa Strickjakerl. Die wolle hab ich schon hier daheim im Schrank gehabt und konnte sofort anfangen. Und neben an hab ich noch von Mai die Servus Magazin zum fertig lesen, weil bald kommt schon die Juni Ausgabe.
Servus bis nächstes mal xx
I've yet to make an in threes probably cause I don't have a little girl to make one for but I did make the adult version for myself and have been wearing it daily with this cooler weather we've been having.
ReplyDeleteOh, is there an adult version? I'm really enjoying this knitting biz and might be able to progress to something larger in a while!
ReplyDeleteI could do with a nice warm cardigan here in Tassie!
Hi Evi, and thanks for your blog. I love the look of the in threes cardigan, but find myself confused by the Ravelry site. You say you are making this in 8 ply, which I have lots of, but Ravelry says to use a 10 ply wool. Help? Are wool plys different in the US? oLike needle sizes, or have I misunderstood something?
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jenny
Jenny, I'd love to say I can help but, I really have no idea!! I'm just a beginning knitter myself and am just fudging my way through and hoping it fits!
ReplyDeleteAll the best with your knitting!
hi evi,
ReplyDeletei'm popping in to see how your in threes is coming along? i wish i had a little one to knit one for! happy winter solstice :)